Sunday, October 17, 2010

Da-da


I just love the way that my son adores his daddy. It's amazing how he looks for him whenever he hears a door creak in the home, or a car pull up outside our window. He says, "Da-da? Da-da?" while signing "where" with his little fingers. When evening sets in and the sun begins to go down, he lingers by the door, peering through the window to see when Da-da will make his appearance--hoping he'll walk in before he is off to Dreamland. On most days, he doesn't see Da-da before bedtime. But, he always sees him in the morning--when they get special time together while mommy gets a few more winks of sleep. ;)

Conversely, I just love the way my husband adores his son. I love the way that my hubby gets on his hands and knees, crawling around to play with my little monkey, even if there are other adults around. My husband doesn't care--he's having fun playing with his son! The last thing on his mind are worries about what others think of him. I love the way that he snuggles with him, kissing him on his neck till he giggles with joy and stops to beg for "more", as he taps the tips of his fingers together. I love the way that he is so patient with him, never raising his voice, no matter how many times our son tries to do something that is a "no-no".

I love watching the two of them together. I am truly blessed to have been given two precious gems in my life that bring me so much joy. And I love watching the way that they bring so much joy to each others' lives as well.

2 comments:

  1. Natalie this is my favorite post of yours. It is so heart felt and it made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Holly. :) It's truly amazing to see the bond that forms between parents even at such a young age! It's a wonder that we can't remember the memories that form when we are so little.

    ReplyDelete