Friday, October 22, 2010

Priceless "Guai Lian"

I love the funny, precious, priceless moments that happen randomly throughout the day. Last night, for example, when I was putting my lil one to bed, we read a bedtime book, which is part of our nightly routine. One of his favorite books to read is Owl Babies. (If you haven't read this book, it's definitely worth checking out!). On one page in the book, the owl babies have their eyes closed as they wish their owl mother would come home. My lil' one, being the ever observant one that he is, looks at the little owls with their closed eyes, then looks back at me with his classic funny face--big smile, squinting eyes, and scrunched nose ("guai lian" as my mother-in-law calls it, which means "weird face")! It was classic. Though it was bedtime, a quiet, peaceful time to wind down before bed, I couldn't help but laugh and mimic the same face back at him! We repeated our exchanges of that funny scrunched face a few more times. Then he proceeded to point to the owls on the page and say, "owl" for the first time. Ahh...I just love the way kids bring the warm fuzzies and joy to our hearts--effortlessly--just with their innocent, pure nature.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the moments that are just priceless!!! I always get teary when I encounter one with Anya.

    ReplyDelete